For High School Ballplayers & Their Families
When: Monday, August 4 @ 7:00pm
Where: Matt Guiliano’s Play Like a Pro, 1745 Express Drive North, Hauppauge NY, 11788 www.playlikeaprobaseball.com
Presented By: DIAMOND COLLEGE ADVISORY TEAM
If you play high school baseball and aspire to play in college, don’t miss this free information session at Play Like A Pro—the premiere baseball training facility in Long Island. This highly informative presentation on the college recruiting, admissions and selection process will be led by the Diamond College Advisory Team (DCAT), the nationally recognized advisory service for high achieving student-athletes who are both capable of, and serious about, playing baseball in college.
The DCAT Question & Answer session will feature:
- Justin Cronk— DCAT Founder & Executive Director—former Amherst College baseball & football player; former Head &Assistant College Baseball Coach (Amherst College, Boston College, UNC-Asheville, Shenandoah University); former Director of Headfirst Baseball & Headfirst College Advisory Team in Washington DC; Arbitration Assistant- Boston Red Sox; Head Coach Old World Baseball ( www.oldworldbaseball.com ) & USA DiamondCats
By attending this free seminar, student-athletes and parents will have the opportunity to:
- Close the information gap that exists with respect to the college recruiting & admission processes
- Obtain information specifically geared toward helping the motivated student-athlete be proactive in the college admissions process and in the training for their sport
Topics for discussion may include:
- Demystifying the recruiting process and “college coach speak.”
- Interactions with college coaches and admissions officers
- How to market yourself the “right” way to college coaches
- Predatory Baseball Businesses that infiltrate the market-what to believe and what not to believe
- How to maximize the effectiveness of showcases, camps and tournaments
- Scholarships, financial aid, roster limitations and National Letters of Intent
- Analysis of college programs to determine the best fit for the student-athlete
- There is more to college baseball than just the elite Division I programs
- General information regarding DCAT programs that are designed to aid student-athletes and their families in navigating the entire recruiting and admissions process
The presentation will feature a highly interactive Q & A period designed to respond to your questions concerning the college recruiting, admissions, search and selection processes.
If you plan to attend, please RSVP to Matt Guiliano at playlikeapro7(at)gmail.com ASAP as space will be limited to 30 families. Please also note the number of persons attending. Parents, players and coaches are welcome.
If you have any questions, please call Justin Cronk at 864-213-5931. We hope to see you on August 4!